Philadelphia, PA - For the millions of sports fans who plan to watch Super Bowl LII this Sunday, Evite has a new indicator on which team has the edge. The company is sharing new data on the team with the most football-themed parties planned in their respective city and state, and Philly currently has the edge.
Evite, the world's leading online and text invitation service, analyzed the 26,335 football-themed parties planned on its platform across the U.S. for Game Day this Sunday, February 4. According to the data so far, the Philadelphia Eagles currently hold a strong lead over the New England Patriots.
- 26,335 Super Bowl events have been planned on Evite with 668,569 guests (as of Jan 30)
- Of those events which contained city data, Philly had three times the number of events planned than rival Boston (Philadelphia, PA DMA vs. Boston, MA-Manchester, NH DMA)
- The state of PA also had more events than MA, ranking 8th and 14th among U.S. states in the number of events planned, respectively
- CA had the most events created with 5,346 (22.3% of events in which the state was listed)
- The top five states with the most Super Bowl parties planned are CA, TX, IL, FL, and VA
- The vast majority of Super Bowl events (82.6%) are taking place at home
- This data is as of January 30, 2018. These numbers are expected to rise rapidly over the next few days as last-minute Super Bowl parties are planned.