Philadelphia, PA - The Philadelphia Christmas Tree Recycling Program for the most part runs the last two weeks of the year. While the program is running, you may take your Christmas tree's to one of 23 assigned areas or one of the six Sanitation Convenience Centers.
Trees must be untied with no decorations to make it simple to recycle. The trees are sent to a merchant that chips them up as recycled mulch. Trees put curbside will be taken as junk as opposed to being recycled.
Free Christmas tree drop-off is offered city-wide on Saturday, January 6, 2018 and January 13, 2018 from 9am to 3pm at any of the below 23 Sanitation Convenience Center locations:
Christmas Tree Drop – Off Locations
- 66th & Haverford Ave.
- American & Thompson St.
- 1400 Cottman - Pennway & Cottman Ave. (Jardel Rec.)
- 54th & Woodbine Ave.
- Graver Lane & Seminole
- 2901 Princeton Ave. (Mayfair Rec.)
- 43rd & Powelton Ave.
- Cathedral & Ridge Ave.
- 7901 Ridgeway St. (Fox Chase Rec.)
- 72nd & Buist Ave.
- Washington Ln. & Ardleigh
- 8101 Bustleton Ave.
- Broad & Christian St.
- Upsal & Lowber St.
- 2900 Comly Rd. – Palmer Playground
- 20th & Hartranft St.
- Fisher & Ogontz Ave.
- 7231 Torresdale Ave. – Russo Park
- 15th & Bigler St.
- 5th & Chelten Ave. (water reservoir)
- Intersection of Wayne Ave & Logan St.
- Corinthian & Poplar St.
- Castor & Foulkrod St.