Philadelphia, PA – The James Beard Foundation’s nationwide culinary series, Taste America, is making a stop in Philadelphia for one night only on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, for a 400-person tasting reception at The Philadelphia Museum of Art
Taste America, Is Making A Stop In Philadelphia
Proceeds from Taste America will benefit the featured chefs to support their businesses and James Beard Foundation national programming rooted in advocacy. Taste America Philadelphia tasting tickets are on sale now ($225/pp Premier, $175/pp General Admission) at www.jamesbeard.org/tasteamerica.
Now in its 10th year, Taste America takes on expanded shape with the TasteTwenty—a group of 20 chef teams from 20 cities across the country working together and championing the James Beard Foundation, including Philadelphia’s very own chef Chutatip ‘Nok’ Suntaranon of Kalaya.
Taste America Philadelphia will feature 12+ tasting stations from Philadelphia’s most highly regarded industry leaders. Representing an array of global flavors, featured chefs include:
- Kiki Aranita, Poi Dog – presented by the Aquacultural Stewardship Council
- Jezabel Careaga, Jezabel’s
- Eli Collins, a.kitchen + bar
- Kurt Evans, CYL Hospitality Group
- Tonii Hicks & Jacob Trinh, 2021 Beard House Fellows – presented by VISIT Philadelphia
- Thanh Nguyen, Gabriella’s Vietnam
- Treley Parshingtsang, White Yak
- Hoon Rhee, Philadelphia Museum of Art – presented by Constellation Culinary
- Emily Riddell, Machine Shop Boulangerie
- Amanda Shulman, Her Place Supper Club
- Chutatip 'Nok' Suntaranon, Kalaya
- Omar Tate & Cybille St.Aude-Tate, Honeysuckle Provisions
The event will also feature activations from valued national and local sponsors, including Capital One, 1800 Tequila, VISIT Philadelphia, Constellation Culinary Group, and more.
The chefs selected to participate in this year’s Taste America culinary series demonstrate a meaningful commitment to their communities and an investment in making the industry more equitable and sustainable.