Philadelphia, PA - Square 1682, is getting in the holiday spirit with The 12 Days of Christmas from December 14 through 25 featuring holiday movie favorites paired with themed cocktails and complimentary truffled popcorn.
Each evening, movies begin promptly at 7 pm in the lounge near the entrance to the restaurant. Guests can sit on the red leather sofas and watch the projected film on the front wall while sipping holiday movie-themed cocktails. To top-off date night, Square 1682 is offering complimentary bowls of their addictively-delicious truffled popcorn.
Movies include holiday staples such as Home Alone, White Christmas, and Eight Crazy Nights, as well as more controversial titles such as Die Hard. Guests can expect to sip themed libations for $12 each, such as “Cotton-headed ninny muggins” (ELF), “Ya Filthy Animal” (Home Alone), and “The Great Gonzo” (A Muppets Christmas Carol) crafted by lead bartender Christian Diaz.
A full list of dates, movies, and paired cocktails can be found below.
- December 14 - National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
- “The Blessing” - Spiked Eggnog
- December 15 - Bad Santa
- “The Dressing Room” - Shot & Beer
- December 16 - The Nightmare Before Christmas
- “What this? What this?? I can’t believe my eyes!!” - Vodka, Kahlua, Cream, Charcoal
- December 17 – ELF
- “Cotton-headed ninny muggins” - Brandy, Crème de cacao, Cream, Candy Cane Tinctures
- December 18 - A Muppets Christmas Carol
- “The Great Gonzo” - Before (Old Fashioned), After (Brown Butter Old Fashioned), Future (Combined)
- December 19 - White Christmas
- “Sleigh bells in the Snow”- Spiced Rum, Black Tea, Honey Ginger Syrup, Lemon, Cinnamon Cotton Candy
- December 20 - Jingle All the Way
- “Turbo Man” - Rye, Campari, Averna, Cacao Nib Vermouth, Cold Brew
- December 21 - Die Hard
- “Yippee Caye” - Smoked Manhattan (Rye, Ramazzotti, Black Walnut Bitters, Orange Bitters)
- December 22 **Hanukah Begins** - Eight Crazy Nights
- “Gin and Tonica” - Manischewitz Blackberry, Gin, Tonic
- December 23 - Home Alone
- “Ya Filthy Animal” - Spiked Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- December 24 – It’s A Wonderful Life
- “Clarence” - Bourbon, All Spice Dram, Demerara, Lime
- December 25 - A Christmas Story
- “A major AWARD” - Bourbon, Winterized Vermouth, Cherry Heering, Christmas Tinctures
Those looking to enjoy a movie, cocktails, and popcorn can stop in and grab a seat at the front, at the bar, or can secure a table by calling 215-563-5008.
Other News From Square 1682:
- Guest can enjoy an exclusive five-course Christmas Day dinner ($65), including Chef Mackenson Horebe’s famous cauliflower curry, Chilean sea bass, candy beet salad, Christmas cookies, and more from 4 - 9 pm. Brunch lovers are invited to start their Christmas day with an early à la carte brunch from 8 am- 2 pm.
- Surf & Turf Tuesdays are continuing to be one of Center City’s hottest dinners. This mouth-watering feast is available every Tuesday night for just $25, including New Year’s Eve! Guests can enjoy their Surf & Turf with a glass of champagne for $39 to ring in the new year. Surf & Turf includes a sizzling seared 10 oz Angus Ribeye with a half-grilled Maine lobster, crushed fingerling potatoes, charred lime, roasted garlic, drawn herb butter and chimichurri sauce.