Macaroni’s Restaurant in Philadelphia, owners Davide Primavera and Chef Gianni Primavera will debut a gorgeous new outdoor kitchen named P² (“P_Square”) Lounge, this spring. P² was named after the twin brothers’ who share last initials (p), as a casual sister to their beloved Macaroni’s Restaurant, P2 will be a comfortable, welcoming setting for drinks and food al fresco.
The new outdoor kitchen will have a custom brick oven where Chef Gianni and his team can prepare and serve a menu of pizzas and other casual, share-able fare right before guests’ eyes. Shareable dishes, crafted from fresh local ingredients, will change often, and may include:
- Brick Oven Pizza, including Margherita, Funghi and Sausage
- Raw Bar selections, including oysters, a daily-changing fresh crudo, tuna tartare and shrimp and crab cocktail
- Lobster Roll with pickled chili and lemon aioli on a brioche bun
- Grilled Eggplant Sandwich with house-fried peppers, fresh mozzarella, basil and white bean hummus on a sesame roll
- Black Truffle Arancini with arugula pesto, parmesan and lemon vinaigrette
Update: On May 11 2016 from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m., twin brothers and co-owners Davide and Chef Gianni Primavera will debut their new outdoor kitchen at P² (“P_Square”) Lounge. The opening event will feature complimentary Prosecco, Peroni and Pizza from the custom-crafted brick oven, and Davide and Chef Gianni will be on hand to greet guests as local musicians play live music to celebrate the debut of their new outdoor kitchen at P². Guests will have a clear view of Chef Gianni and his team at work as they prepare and serve a menu of pizzas and other casual, share-able Italian fare from the outdoor kitchen.