Philadelphia, PA - Philly Cheesesteak Bloody Mary Recipe: A fine combination of two truly adored culinary creations, the cheesesteak-inspired Bloody is a masterpiece unlike any other. Add steak sauce and beef for authentic Philly flavor, then skewers of beef jerky and peppadew peppers to make it truly unique.
Philadelphia Cheesesteak Bloody Mary
- 12 fluid ounces V8 100% Vegetable Juice (about 1 1/2 cups), chilled
- 4 fluid ounces vodka (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Swanson 50% Less Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Fill 2 glasses with ice. Stir the vegetable juice, vodka, broth, steak sauce, Worcestershire, horseradish, and hot pepper sauce in a pitcher. Season to taste. Pour the vegetable juice mixture into the glasses.
- Serving Suggestion: Garnish with skewers of cheesesteak-inspired bites, like beef jerky with cheese sauce (optional), caramelized pearl onions, and/or peppadew peppers.
Center City Philadelphia's Cheesesteak Guide - Here in Philly, cheesesteaks are a civic icon, a tourist draw, and a cultural obsession. Often imitated around the world, the cheesesteak is rarely duplicated successfully outside of Philadelphia. Here are PhillyBite's and Visit Philly's List of top center city cheesesteak locations.
The Philly Taco, South Street Sushi, The Lorenzo's, and Jim's Challenge - Are you searching for the ultimate Philadelphia frankenfood? Look no further, and it's The Philly Taco. A combination of a Philly cheesesteak and a slice of pizza. The combo gets its origins on South Street, where foodies of all kinds head over to both Jim's Steaks and Lorenzo's Pizza for their steaks and pizza. Just wrap your Jim's steak in your Lorenzo slice, and you just made The Philly Taco or South Street Sushi.
The Best of Philadelphia's Ginormous Foods - Are you searching for enormous foods in Philly? How about The Whale, a 14-pound bagel leviathan brimming with smoked salmon and whitefish salad at Spread Bagelry or the 9-pound superhero sandwich, a pile-up of bacon, pork, and cheese at Jake's Sandwich Board. Finish things off with the Car 23, a trolley-shaped loaf of French toast stuffed with berries and cream cheese at the Trolley Car Diner.