Strawbery Ghosts from Driscoll’s are the perfect Halloween treat idea and a great alternative to traditional candy for your Halloween gathering. They are easy for kids to make, much better for you than pre-packaged candy, and adorable. This is a great Kids in the Kitchen style recipe that will be easy for the whole family to do.
BOO! These white chocolate covered strawberry ghosts are as spooky as it gets. Not to mention they're a fun alternative to traditional candy.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Driscoll’s Organic Strawberries
- 1 10 oz. package candy dips
- Fine-tipped black icing tube
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the strawberries and dry them well with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- Melt candy dips according to directions on package.
- Hold berries by stem or leaves and dip them into melted chocolate. Swirl strawberry until coated. Leave about ¼ inch of red showing below leaves. Gently shake off excess chocolate. Place berry on prepared baking sheet to set. Repeat with remaining berries.
- Once chocolate is set, pipe a small amount of icing onto berries to create the eyes. Finally, use frosting to add a smile, a spooky mouth, fangs, or other fun ideas you have.