How to cook ribs in the oven? Try this Low-Temp, Slow-Cook Method to get the juiciest ribs. Ribs in the oven usually take 3 to 3 1/2 hours to bake, so start early and enjoy.
1. Make sure you start with Room-Temperature/completely thawed beef ribs.
2. REMOVE the whitish membrane under the ribs, called the fascia. Start from a corner, using the tip of a knife to lift off a portion you can hold on. You can usually pull out the entire fascia easily.
3. Pour lemon juice over the rack of ribs and rub in.
4. Then rub the entire rack of ribs with cooking oil or olive oil.
5. Sprinkle the following over the ribs and RUB IN:
GROUND BLACK PEPPER
6. Cover with Saran Wrap and MARINADE for at least 2 HOURS.
7. Pre-heat oven to 275 F.
8. Transfer rack of ribs to a roasting pan or baking sheet, and cover entire pan with aluminum foil.
9. Place into oven and BAKE FOR 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
10. Slide oven rack out and REMOVE ALUMINUM FOIL COVER, without removing roasting pan/baking sheet from oven.
11. Brush TOP of Rack of Ribs with your favorite brand of Barbecue Sauce.
12. Put back ribs into oven and BROIL till barbecue sauce on ribs bubbles and caramelizes.
- BBQ 101: Baby Back Ribs With A Kick
- BBQ 101: How to Make Kansas City Ribs
- BBQ 101: 11 Tips to Making the Best Pork Ribs
- Dinner 101: Easy to Make Grilled Sticky Ribs
- BBQ Ribs Slow and Low Barbecue Tips