Philadelphia, PA - As if you had to have a reason to enjoy National Cheeseburger Day on Friday, September 18th. Listed below are restaurants and bars in Philly pulling out all the stops, with decadent cheesy goodness.
National Cheeseburger Day Special in Philly
- Sunset Social, every foodie can appreciate a good burger with good company, so for National Cheeseburger Day, Sunset Social is celebrating with a fun night of sweepstakes and socially distanced drinks on the Cira Green rooftop. On September 18th, Sunset Social will be offering $5 burgers all day long (3 to 9 PM) with a stellar burger giveaway in tow. One lucky winner will get a staycation at AKA University City, a complimentary dinner for two at Walnut Street Café, and a free cheeseburger every day of the 2021 Sunset Social season. Every burger purchase is equivalent to one raffle entry and entries are not limited. So how many burgers can you eat in one sitting is the real question at hand.
- Emmy Squared’s, cult-followed Le Big Matt is what burger dreams are made of double-stacked grass-fed beef patties, American cheese, special Sammy Sauce, greens, and pickles on a pretzel bun.
- Fork, offers an elevated burger experience with its new menu addition, the Dry-aged Brisket Burger. This mouthwatering entrée features gruyere cheese, pickled shallots, and the house B&G mayo (a game-changing condiment, if you aren’t in the know: the spicy pepper spread from your favorite deli hoagie mixed with mayo for a next-level burger topping) on a sesame seed brioche bun.
- a.kitchen’s classic cheeseburger is among Chef Eli Collins’ famed burger creations and is topped with American cheese, cornichon, and dijonnaise. It is available on all menus, including their new lunch selection. The chef hails from Pub & Kitchen where he literally gained his street cred based on his burger game.
- Walnut Street Café, sister restaurant to Sunset Social, has an elevated Double Cheeseburger for a steal at $12, complete with chopped onion, pickle, American cheese, pickle chips, french fries.
Other Cheeseburger Places to Celebrate
- CO-OP Restaurant and Lounge, University City’s lively bar and restaurant located on the bustling corner of 33rd and Chestnut, is offering an over-the-top decadent foie gras stuffed grass-fed beef burger topped with Gruyère and crispy fried onions, and truffle herb fries on the side. 20 South 33rd Street | 215-398-1874
- Forsythia, Chef Christopher Kearse’s new French-inspired restaurant and bar in Old City, offers a unique bar burger for guests who dine at the marble-topped bar in the front of the restaurant. Dubbed the Royale Burger, this double-patty creation is and topped with comeback sauce and compté, a French cheese made from cow's milk. 233 Chestnut Street | 215.644.9395
- MilkBoy, Philadelphia’s dynamic duo of restaurants, bars, and live music venues, is offering not one, not two, but three delicious cheeseburger options between the Chestnut St and South St locations. Guests who dine at Chestnut St can enjoy a traditional Cheeseburger topped with cheddar, lettuce, onion, tomato, and pickles, a Veggie Burger ($13) topped with cheddar, tomato, red onion, and lettuce, and a local favorite, the Hangover Burger ($15) topped with American cheese, chili mayo, fried onions, pickled peppers, bacon, and a fried egg. 1100 Chestnut St. | 401 South St. | 215-925-6455
- Red Owl Tavern, located across the street from Independence Hall, is inviting Old City goers in for their BFD (burger, fries, draft) lunch deal. guests can enjoy a juicy Red Owl Tavern Burger topped with white cheddar, sharp yellow cheddar, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, and tavern sauce with a side of fries and a draft beer. 433 Chestnut Street | 215.923.2267
- Royal Boucherie, Old City’s lively American brasserie from award-winning chef Nicholas Elmi, is offering lunch and dinner goers the Boucherie Burger, a double patty party topped with American cheese, bacon, truffle mayo, and half-sour pickles with a side of perfectly fried pork fat fries. A local favorite, the Boucherie Burger was also named one of the best burgers in Philly by Craig LaBan. 52 South 2nd St
- Square 1682, the modern American restaurant and bar located on the bustling corner of 17th and Sansom Sts, is inviting guests in during their all-new happy hour to dig into a juicy smash burger Cheeseburger. This single patty shorty is the smaller version of the lunch favorite 1682 Burger ($17), which is a double-decker with bacon, sharp cheddar, and bread and butter pickles. 121 South 17th St
- The Twisted Tail, the lively restaurant, bar, and music venue in Headhouse Square is featuring The Twisted Burger, topped with bacon, blue cheese, and bourbon BBQ sauce. This juicy burger is featured during Friday Social Hours in the $15 Burger, Beer, & Bourbon special. 509 S. 2nd St.|215.558.2471
- Urban Farmer, Philly’s rustic-chic modern steakhouse located on Logan Circle, is offering guests a decadent Wagyu Burger, topped with bone marrow aioli, cabernet onions, and Gruyere cheese on a brioche bun..1850 Benjamin Franklin Parkway | 215.963.2788