Philadelphia, PA - Bistrot La Minette will celebrate Tartiflette Month, beginning on Saturday, April 1, offering a tempting four-course meal of traditional Savoie specialties, including the namesake dish.
The special menu is available by reservation only, and centers around traditional Tartiflette, a gratin of potato, bacon, slow-cooked onions, Vin de Savoie, crème fraîche, and a whole wheel of creamy Reblochon cheese. As is the custom, guests will enjoy a bottle of Vin de Savoie with the meal, though the first glass from the bottle will be sent back to the kitchen, where Chef Bush and his team will use it to prepare the Tartiflette entree.
Like many of Bistrot La Minette’s offerings, this meal is an “approachable indulgence,” featuring four hearty courses of traditional fare for $160 for four people, including a bottle of Vin de Savoie. Additional bottles of wine can be purchased throughout the meal for $40 each. Reservations are required, and can be made via phone or online through Open Table, including a note that the group hopes to enjoy the Tartiflette Menu.
The Tartiflette Menu includes:
- Soupe Savoyarde, root vegetable soup with crème fraîche and Comte cheese crouton
- Salade Savoyarde, Bibb lettuce, fresh mushrooms, pine nuts, croutons, diced ham, Comte cheese and Dijon vinaigrette
- Tartiflette, traditional gratin of potatoes, bacon and slow-cooked onions, baked with Reblochon cheese and Vin de Savoie
- Tarte aux Fruits des Bois, mixed berry tart
- A bottle of Domaine Charles Gonnet, Chignin, Jacquere, Vin de Savoie (with the first glass used by the kitchen to prepare the Tartiflette)
The Tartiflette Menu celebrates France’s alpine region of Savoie, home to Mont Blanc and best known for its cheeses, among them Tomme de Savoie and Reblochon. It’s also a region familiar to wine lovers, where Gamay, Pinot Noir and Mondeuse grapes thrive in abundance. Chef-Owner Peter Woolsey loves the region’s comforting flavors, and frequently prepares Tartiflette and other Savoie specialties for friends and family in his home.
- VERTS Mediterranean Grill's Lighter, Fresher Option's For Center City
- VERTS Mediterranean Grill Opening in Center City Philadelphia
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant Opening in Center City Philadelphia
- Best of Center City Philadelphia Restaurant Week 2017
- SEPTA Opens a Travel Center at University City