BBQ 101: Knowing the best "Hacks" and "Tricks" around the grill will help elevate your grilling techniques, things such as learning the ins and outs of your grill so you can grill like a Grill Master. This means knowing how to lay out the charcoal to create different BBQ heat zones, and when to use High Heat on Your Barbecue. Also, where to put different foods on the grill, when you should use an aluminum pan for more even grilling, and when your food is ready to to take off the grill. Also Read: "Backyard Barbecue Basics BBQ Safety Tips" for a better understanding of BBQ safety.
Listed below are a few hacks and tricks:
- To grill a juicier chicken place it under a brick.
- Spiral cuts on a hot dogs will infuse more of the grilled flavor.
- Buying a steakhouse-quality cut of meat.
- You should always grill chicken wings by starting them on the cool side of the grill.
- Grill thicker steaks by starting them on low heat
- Start your sausages directly on the grill on high heat to seal in juices.
- Try making beer can chicken, by placing a beer full of water or beer in the chickens cavity.
Before you do all that get started, Check out: BBQ Marinading 101: Marinade Tougher Cuts of Meat.
Whew. If that’s not enough grilling information for you, don’t forget you can also use your grill as an outdoor oven and you can also Grilling Veggies and Fruits.