Philadelphia, PA - Hangout bars are both fun as well as trendy places to get together with a friend and also meet new ones, and Philadelphia is known for its fair share of great hangout bars and taverns. From trendy speakeasies to upbeat Irish pubs, below are a few of the cities great bars and taverns to chill-out in Philly.
Philadelphia Hangout Bars and Taverns to Check Out
- Garage Passyunk - East Passyunk dive bar featuring craft beer in a relaxed space and decked out like an old auto shop. 1231 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Tattooed Mom – A comfortable bar with great food and drink deals, as well as billiards tables and games. 530 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- McGillin's Olde Ale House - Recognized as the oldest pub in Philadelphia, offering a massive beer selection, pub menu, and karaoke. 1310 Drury St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- SouthHouse - A laid-back pub with one of the best bar menus in the city, plenty of TVs, as well as a great craft beer selection, and weekend brunch. 2535 S 13th St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Hop Sing Laundromat – This trendy speakeasy-bar is generating a track record for their outstanding cocktail menu. 1029 Race St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Con Murphy's Irish Pub - An Irish pub offering up traditional dishes and Guinness pints. 1700 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Barcelona Wine Bar - Considerable selection of Spanish tapas and vino together with a great outdoor patio right on Passyunk Ave. 1709 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Murph's Bar -Coins cover the counter at this cozy Irish pub serving up some of the best Italian dishes in the city. 202 E Girard Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Friday Saturday Sunday - popular neighborhood bar on the first floor and dining space upstairs. 261 S 21st St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Franklin Bar - An overlooked entry takes you into this trendy, underground cocktail spot that also has a laid-back tiki bar up the stairs. 112 S 18th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Food and Event Writer
My joy is aimed at food and foodie lovers. I enjoy covering trends, issues, and all things Philly
Also, Read Philly Bite Magazines Top Beer Articles
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price.
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.