Philadelphia, PA - Red Owl Tavern is a modern American restaurant and bar perched on the corner of 5th and Chestnut Streets in Philadelphia’s Old City neighborhood. Directly across from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, Red Owl’s menu is described as rustic, with an emphasis on seasonal flavors.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily. Red Owl Tavern also features two exceptionally attractive private dining rooms below the main restaurant, taking advantage of the building’s original bank vault and arched brick ceilings to create unique spaces for groups of 10 to 30 guests. An expansive and attractive outdoor patio flanks Independence Mall where diners can indulge in modern American fare directly across from where the Declaration of Independence was signed when weather permits. 422 Chestnut St., Philadelphia, PA; www.RedOwlTavern.com, 215- 923-2267.
Best of PhillyBite Awards:
Red Owl Tavern Burge, creekstone farms beef blend, steak sauce, muenster cheese, bacon jam, romaine, topped with house pickles. You also have the option to add a fried egg or avocado to your creation. See List - Top 10 Best Burgers in Philadelphia
Top 5 Grilled Octopus - Philadelphia\'s Top Restaurants for Grilled Octopus
News, Events and Specials:
Yappy Hour, every Wednesday from 6-8pm through the end of summer, benefitting Lulu’s Rescue!
Guests and four-legged friends can enjoy a night out on the town with a specially crafted dog friendly menu as well as a selection of drinks in the shadows of history.
- For every Yappy Hour event, 10 percent of the proceeds raised goes to Lulu’s Rescue. Representatives and volunteers will be on site at Yappy Hour with the precious pooches in search of loving permanent homes. Additionally, mobile dog groomer Avery’s Pet Styling Salon & Boutique, will be on hand for pups who wish to be pampered.
- Canine companions will enjoy $5 house red and white wines, $10 specialty cocktails, $1 off Red Owl’s extensive craft beer selection as well as $5 for all domestic beers.
- “We are thrilled to be helping raise funds for Lulu’s Rescue while inviting guests and neighbors to socialize in the shadows of history on this historic corner — in Old City and just a stone’s throw from Society Hill residents,” said Executive Chef Caitlin Mateo.
- Mateo has curated an exclusive Yappy Hour menu that includes delectable dishes designed just for dogs. These dishes include Puppy Chow, with ground beef, green veggies and bean stew ($7); Doggy’s Dream, with house-made bacon, scrambled egg, grains and torn short rib ($8) and Tavern Treats - with house-made peanut butter biscuit ($5) among the mix.
Lobster Clambakes -, the only full-service restaurant on Independence Mall, is thrilled to announce the return of their über-popular, New England-style Lobster Clambakes — available now through Labor Day and just $25 every Monday.
- Seafood lovers can indulge in a classic one-pot feast filled with mouth-watering mussels, clams, shrimp, fingerling potatoes and corn on the cob topped off with a one pound lobster.
- “After last year’s success, we are excited to re-introduce this fun and delicious summer special,” said Restaurant Operations Manager Michael Kurtz. “We’re bringing a taste of the shore to the corner of 5th and Chestnut streets!”
- Additionally, guests can pair local craft beers such as an ice cold New Zealand IPA from Red Owl Tavern’s May Brewer of the Month, award-winning Vault Brewing Company of Yardley, PA for just $5 additional.
- Plentiful outdoor tables flank both 5th and Chestnut streets boasting views of Independence Mall and just one block away from just one block away from Museum of the American Revolution.
- Lobster Clam Bakes are available Tuesday-Sunday for $39.
Additional Red Owl Tavern highlights include a new seasonal cocktail menu, crafted by Kyle Darrow, Lead Bartender and recent winner of the Visit Philly With Love competition, celebrates the art culture and history of Philadelphia. Some standouts include The Key and The Kite - concocted with Rhubarb Infused Fords Gin, Lemon, Cardamon Bitters and Ginger beer; and the Penn’s Treaty - mixed with Bourbon, Black Pepper Tincture, Lemon, Strawberry Bell Pepper and White Balsamic Shrub. Guests can also find his winning cocktail; Art of the City featuring Black lime infused Bluebird Gin, Lime, Pastis, Orgeat Syrup and egg white, at participating hotel bars across Philadelphia.