Philadelphia, PA - Oct. 27, 2016 – The Haunted Attraction Association (HAA), the only official association in the haunt industry, has certified 14 haunts across the country as official “Top Haunted Attractions.”
The following is a list of the official “Top Haunted Attractions”:
- Creepy Hollow Haunted HouseThis features three terrifying haunted houses at one location including: the 288 Scare Factory themed as the mobile viral genetic research facility of Nouveau Genesis Corporation gone awry, The Dark Woods area of dense forest located behind the Nouveau Genesis Corporation, and Pitch Black which is a holding facility adjacent to Nouveau Genesis located at Creepy Hollow.
- The Factory of Terror :Located inside an abandoned 150,000 sq. ft. aluminum foundry in Canton, Ohio this haunt features five full attractions, totaling over a mile in length including: The Asylum, Industrial Nightmare, the Labyrinth of Darkness, Massacre on Mahoning, and the House of Nightmares. Also available on the premises are 6 escape rooms The Factory of Terror has won the Guinness World Record 3 times as the Longest Indoor Haunted Attraction in the world.
- Fright Farm: Entering its 27th season, Fright Farm has 5 distinct attractions; Haunted Hayride, Frightmare Mansion, Hallow Grounds, Terror Maze, and PARANOIA 2.0. The state-of-the-art special effects, highly-detailed scenes, custom digital soundtracks, computerized lighting, and talented actors make Fright Farm a frightening experience unlike any other.
- Fear Fair: Located in Seymour Indiana, this haunt delivers a 50,000+ square foot walk through and leads visitors to discover their deepest fears. Incredibly detailed sets, state of the art animatronics and aggressive actors in movie quality costumes and makeup deliver a heart pounding thrill ride through your darkest nightmares
- Field of Screams:When it comes to terrifying thrills and spine-tingling chills, Field of Screams in Lancaster, PA gives visitors more than they can handle. Four world-class attractions at Field of Screams are sure to satisfy by delivering non-stop heart-pounding action that will leave guests begging for the end to be near.
- Headless Horseman Hayrides & Haunted Houses: The 250 year-old farm in Ulster Park, NY incorporates over sixty-five acres of naturally landscaped property including foreboding woods, surreal ponds, fruit orchards and more. This unique, immersive experience with a theme that changes each Halloween season, this year featuring a theatrical one-mile hayride, corn maze, seven haunted attractions that will surely terrify any guest.
- Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern: This haunt invites brave thrill chasers to hop in the elevator and descend 26 stories underground… where no one can hear them scream. Located in a cave crawling with terrifying monsters, the Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern in Chattanooga, TN is a unique attraction that adds a new level of fear to the traditional haunted house.
- Saint Lucifer’s Screampark: Located at Playland Park in Flint, MI the abandoned asylum invites visitors to step into the park and discover the meaning of fear. This haunt includes three haunted attractions and an escape room.
- Spooky Ranch at Rockin'-R- Ranch:The Columbia, OH site contains multiple attractions that cater to all fear levels – from the calm Old West Pumpkin Fest to the Extreme Nightmares Haunted House, which is known for its extreme gore, blood, guts and actors getting up close and personal. The Famous Haunted Hayride is a twenty five minute experience that combines scary with humor and surprises supplemented with pyrotechnics and larger than life thirty foot tall animated creatures.
- Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary: Brand new for 2016, guests to Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia will have the chance to experience the next level of interactivity by taking The Hex Challenge. Six new secret rooms have opened and are scattered throughout the penitentiary complex where visitors will be dared to step further into the story, to become part of the action, to take on challenges and ultimately, to escape the massive haunted prison. A secret room will be included in each of the facility’s six haunted attractions.
- The Haunted Hotel: With over 20 years of frights and screams, this Louisville, KY haunt is a staple for scare searchers. The Haunted Hotel takes guests into their worst nightmares with effects and insanity, pushing more limits for fright every year.
- USS Nightmare: Docked in Newport, KY, this ships welcome guest aboard for over thirty minutes of pure horror. The USS Nightmare is the resurrection of the William S. Mitchell in the exact condition it was left in the aftermath of the Mitchell Massacre. To this very day, anyone who enters is tormented by the sinister past of this former dredging vessel – including the cast and crew of the haunted dredge boat tour.
- Wisconsin Fear Grounds: Milwaukee, WI holds the scariest overnight excursion with “Night Terrors: 13 Hours of FEAR!” The immersive experience provides tents for fear seekers to sleep in with the nights’ activities will include a fright trail through the woods, a scavenger hunt, bonfire ghost stories and scary movies played on a large inflatable screen.