Philadelphia, PA: As if The Elixir of Love couldn’t get any sweeter, some of Philadelphia’s best mixologists will be crafting custom cocktails inspired by Donizetti’s classic opera for a special Cocktail Crawl. From Sunday, April 17 through Sunday, May 8, participating bars across the city will toast the end of another fantastic Opera Philadelphia season with a selection of delicious drinks.
a.bar, Tria, Urban Farmer, Pennsylvania 6, and more will each add a unique sip to their menus, setting the mood for a night out at the opera. To top it all off, imbibers will have the chance to win two free tickets to Opera Philadelphia’s 2016-2017 Season, plus a seasonal cocktail tasting for two at a.bar (valued at $398)!
Here’s how to enter:
· Order a specialty Elixir of Love cocktail from a participating bar
· Snap a photo of your cocktail
· Post your photo on Facebook.com/operaphila and/or your personal Twitter or Instagram profile (your profile must be public to enter)
· Use #ElixirCocktailCrawl in your post
· Every photo of a new cocktail is a chance to win!
For full contest details and a list of all participating bars, visit operaphila.org/cocktails.
In The Elixir of Love, Donizetti’s bel canto comedy, the love story of Adina and Nemorino is reimagined during World War II in the Italian countryside. Nemorino is hopelessly in love with the beautiful Adina, who only has eyes for another. That is, until a slippery salesman comes to town hawking a love potion – or is it just wine? This charming romance is good to the last drop.
The Elixir of Love
Music by Gaetano Donizetti| Libretto by Felice Romani
Performed in Italian with English supertitles
Production from The Santa Fe Opera
April 29, May 1m, 4, 6 & 8m, 2016
Academy of Music
Tickets: $19 to $239
operaphila.org | 215.732.8400
Philly's Elixir of Love Cocktail Crawl
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode