Philadelphia, PA - East Passyunk Avenue is hosting "Garden Days," a three-week series of events with a tie-in to the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society's (PHS) Bloom Philly! A celebration was held before the 2021 Philadelphia Flower Show at FDR Park in South Philadelphia.
Matching the theme "Habitat: Nature's Masterpiece," East Passyunk Avenue's many shops, restaurants, and bars will showcase how plants and gardening affect local communities and their living environment.
East Passyunk Avenue horticultural happenings will including:
- Large-scale selfie station collaboration between Creations By Coppola, Ill Exotics, and Urban Jungle at the Singing Fountain and plantings and decorations at various points along the Avenue Gateway at Broad Street and the Boxer Statue at Mifflin Street
- Enjoy a spring dance demo with Society Hill Dance Academy (1919 East Passyunk Avenue) on Mother's Day.
- Snack and sip on specialty menu items from restaurants and bars highlighting ingredients such as honey, flowers, sustainable greens, organic items, and more.
- Retail and service shops are also in on the action with home goods, toys, clothing, special services, etc.
- Bloom Philly! A window decorating competition for the best-decorated business window and restaurant streetery setups incorporating flowers and plants.
- A digital scavenger hunt along the Avenue with images of bees, flowers, plants, and more displayed in businesses' windows and doors.
- A bonus raffle contest will be available for those who purchase a PHS Flower Show ticket to enter a weekly raffle drawing with a chance to win a $25 gift certificate.
- And finally, pop-up classes and events-- in-person and online throughout the campaign.
Garden Days begin on Saturday, May 8, and runs through Memorial Day, Monday, May 31.