VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® returns for its winter run, January 9 through March 26, 2017.
The majority of the ad buy appears out of market—mostly in the New York and northern New Jersey DMA, which accounts for the largest visitor feeder market at 22%. For the first time since 2012, the campaign is expanding its reach to the Washington, DC area to build awareness of Philadelphia as a great drive destination for history, culinary delights, culture and fun. Placements include messages on the external screens at the Verizon Center—the home arena of DC’s NHL and NBA teams—reaching 2.8 million monthly commuters.
The With Love campaign marries creative lines that capture the Philadelphia experience with arresting photography. A sample of the new lines being used this season:
- An evening in heels calls for a night in PJ’s.
- We were into Hamilton before it was cool.
- Handwarmers? We call them cheesesteaks.
- Head south for the winter. (New York/New Jersey only)
- All in favor of a long weekend in Philly say “Yay.” (DC only)
- We’re always ready to represent. (DC only)
A sample of the lines for the new Joint Marketing Partner ads:
- The closest you will ever come to living dinosaurs. (The Franklin Institute)
- Respect the tutu. (Pennsylvania Ballet)
- Just the crescendo your date night needs. (The Philadelphia Orchestra)
In addition, VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s long-running campaigns to invite African-American, Latino and LGBT travelers to visit are getting major refreshes this year thanks to recently completed research studies for each market.