Philadelphia, PA - The Delaware Valley will illuminate for the holiday season with Christmas lighting ceremonies in five city neighborhoods and towns.
1) South Street Headhouse District - Celebrate the spirit of the season as South Street Headhouse District reveals its annual Winter Wonderland on Sunday, December 1, 2019, from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm at the Historic Headhouse Shambles on 2nd Street, 200 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Admission is Free!
2) Evil Genius Beer Company - will roll-out their Christmas season on Thursday, December 5, 2019, at 7:30 pm with a Christmas tree lighting ceremony.
Also, try out Festive Saison, a Saison brewed with rose hips, chamomile, black currants, and dark Belgian candy syrup. At 7.2%, this one will certainly keep you warm on those chilly winter nights! The holiday fun continues on Sunday, December 8, 2019, with a 5K Santa race for a charity along with a cookie eating competition. From Noon to 5 pm, look for the Evil Genius Beer Garden to stay open in addition to completely transform into a live Christmas tree stand.
3) Craft Hall - will ring in the holiday with their official launch and debut of Christmas at Craft Hall, and this includes the lighting of a giant indoor, 20+ foot tall holiday tree! Philadelphia's largest family-friendly restaurant, beer hall, and craft maker space is going to transform into a winter wonderland.
4) East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District - is going to kick off the holiday season with its annual Tree Lighting Party at the Singing Fountain (Tasker Street and East Passyunk Avenue) on Thursday, December 5, 2019 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
The celebration is going to include an appearance by Santa, live music, carolers, holiday treats from Avenue businesses, shopping, and other surprises. For more information, visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com, follow @eastpassyunk on Instagram and Facebook, @epassyunkave on Twitter, or call 215-336-1455.
5) Old City District - presents its third annual Historic Holidays Tree Lighting Ceremony on Thursday, December 5, 2019, with festivities starting at 5:30 pm and the lighting at 6:30 pm.
The event will take place at the Betsy Ross House courtyard (239 Arch Street) and will showcase music performances, seasonal sips, and bites, as well as a holiday tree designed by Old City’s Petit Jardin en Ville, a Parisian Florist and Garden Designer! Free and open to the general public.
Food and Event Writer
My joy is aimed at food and foodie lovers. I enjoy covering trends, issues, and all things Philly