Philadelphia, PA - When in Philly, "downtown" known as Center City. Philadelphia is a great place for visitors to kick back and appreciate the cities boundless offerings, such as it famous food scene, world-class spa treatments, or just a stroll in a park.
Recognized for its history and sites such as The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art (The Rocky stairs and statue) are just some of the cities may attractions scattered throughout the city.
• Philly is famous for being the birthplace of liberty, with both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were signed here, but Philly was also the nation's first capital before being moved to Washington, D.C.
• The West Wing museum has the original inkwell used by the founding fathers to sign both the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution.
• Ben Franklin's house and Betsy Ross House is where the American flag was born is just blocks away from Independence Mall.
• Philly's Historic Old City sites include the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Constitution Hall (which houses the Declaration of Independence and Constitution).
• The Visitors Center houses a historical museum displaying 1700 era artifacts and even President George Washington's sundial-compass, razor and drinking glass.
• If you're short on time, you can always skip the lines and see the back of the Liberty Bell from the outside of the building.
• From Independence Mall, take the half-mile walk down Market Street to The Reading Terminal Market.
• Often compared to the Champs Elysées in Paris, the Benjamin Franklin Parkway stretches from Logan Circle to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and boasts many cultural institutions along its broad boulevard.
• Rittenhouse Square is a great place to stop, rest and has a number of great restaurants to stop for lunch.
The best time to experience Philly is in the Fall and Spring when the weather is cool. Springtime visits allow visitors to appreciate the cities cherry blossoms in bloom, but summer is undeniably a great time for street festivals, and the 4th of July Independence Day celebrations offer visitors a chance to immerse themselves in the city's colonial history.