Philadelphia, PA - Score one for Philadelphia, landing the 82nd NFL Draft for the first time in more than 50 years. During three days of festivities—all taking place outdoors—fans can enjoy interactive experiences, get autographs from current and former players, take pictures with the Vince Lombardi Trophy and much more. Also See.. NFL Draft Host City, Philadelphia:10 Things to Know
April 27-29. Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Sports fans rejoice: The Penn Relays, the oldest collegiate track meet in the nation, also take place this weekend at the University of Pennsylvania’s Franklin Field. The City of Philadelphia released details for the 2017 NFL Draft Experience, an exciting, three-day festival taking place Thursday, April 27th through Saturday, April 29th on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Eakins Oval and the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Festival Activities & Information
- The 2017 NFL Draft invites families and fans of all ages to enjoy FREE admission to a three-day football festival held along a half-mile stretch of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway from Thursday, April 27 – Saturday, April 29. Fans of all ages and of all teams will be able to participate in interactive exhibits, immersive games, and virtual reality experiences, free player autograph sessions and more.
- The event will be open to the public from 12 pm-11 pm on Thursday, April 27th and Friday, April 28th. Hours on Saturday, April 29th are 10am-6pm.
- The NFL Draft Experience is free and no tickets are required. Fans are encouraged to visit the event website for information.
- In addition, most of the cultural institutions along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway will maintain normal hours of operation and, in some cases, even extend schedules during the event. Many institutions will also offer special discounts during the Draft. Details on hours of operation, access and special offers at Parkway institutions are outlined below as well as road closure and parking information.
The Market & Shops at Comcast Center has an exciting event coming up around the NFL draft that I think your readers will enjoy!
Kick off NFL Draft week with Quincy Harris of Fox 29’s The Q Show at the Market & Shops at Comcast Center's ‘Draft’ Party on Tuesday, April 25th from 5-7pm. Guests will be invited to taste test local draft brews and cocktails from Penn Beer (the official beer sponsor of the NFL Draft) and sample classic game day foods while enjoying favorite tailgate games such a corn hole, ladder toss and more. Attendees will test their knowledge with football themed raffle prizes from partners like Mitchell & Ness and more.
Attendees must RSVP and be 21+
Where to Eat?
NFL Draft, Aqimero at the Ritz-Carlton will be offering a special $99 deal which includes 12 bottled beers of your choice, as well as unlimited Truffle Fries, “Aqimero” Nachos and Sweet & Spicy wings. For the ultimate sports fan who enjoys an upscale atmosphere, Aqimero is the perfect place to watch the draft.
Guests looking for a luxury NFL Draft experience should head to Ocean Prime, one of Center City’s most stunning seafood and steakhouses, for a $125 prix fixe NFL Draft menu featuring 3 deluxe courses with an optional $50 Coravin wine pairing. Football fans will enjoy their choice of Point Judith Calamari, Goat Cheese Ravioli or a Prime Roll for Round 1. Round 2 will consist of a 36 oz. Tomahawk Ribeye or a Whole Main Stuffed Lobster with the guest’s choice of whipped mash potatoes, truffle mac and cheese, steamed broccoli or creamed spinach. For Round 3, guests will have their choice of a Warm Butter Cake or Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. The NFL Draft menu will be available Thursday, April 27th through Sunday, April 30th.
City Tap House Logan Square, one of Philadelphia’s’ go-to destinations for craft beer and elevated pub fare, is situated in the heart of Philadelphia’s business district, just a short walk from all of the NFL Draft excitement. Guests can enjoy one of City Tap House’s 40 draft beers while watching the NFL draft on the city’s largest TV – a state-of-the-art audiovisual system complete with a massive 18 by 19-foot Planar video screen.
Jet Wine Bar is celebrating the 2017 NFL Draft with a Friday Night Lights marathon. The marathon will begin on Thursday, April 27th, at 9 p.m. While watching the iconic tv show, guests can sip on a $5 Friday Night Lights-themed cocktail, Panther Punch – white rum, hibiscus syrup, strawberry, and lemon. The movie marathon and Panther Punch special will continue on Friday and Saturday.
Where to Work Out?
Sweat Fitness Conshohocken will host an NFL Draft-themed Children’s Clinic Saturday, April 29th and Sunday, April 30th from 2-4pm. There will be two, one hour long classes on both Saturday and Sunday for children ages 6-17. Guests will participate in shuttle drills, 40 yd dashes, long football passes, vertical jumping and other speed and agility drills to prepare for a mock NFL Draft. Tickets for all four weekend clinics are $60. One clinic is $30. Tickets can be purchased at 610.941.3600, or at Sweat Fitness Conshohocken.
NFL Draft: Security Policy & Prohibited Items
For the safety of all fans, the following security measures will be in effect:
- All fans and items (purses, small handbags, etc.) are subject to physical inspection by security personnel. Fans who do not agree to this search will not be allowed in the event.
- No bags, purses, or backpacks larger than 16” x 14” x 12”
- All weapons and firearms are prohibited within these premises including pepper spray and electronic stunning devices
- No pets other than service animals
- No bottles, cans, liquid containers, coolers (except for fans with medical / dietary needs)
- No outside food or beverage
- No video recorders except for credentialed media
- No drones or UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) of any kind
- No missile-like objects
- No hover boards or any other self-propelled devices
- No smoking, lighters or e-cigarettes
- No laser pointers
- No artificial noisemakers
- No poles or sticks of any kind, including selfie sticks
- No object that may obstruct another fan’s view, including umbrellas over 4’ in diameter
- No folding chairs, bikes, or other large personal items
- No promotional items with commercial slogans or identification without written consent from the NFL
- Any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate, in management’s sole discretion, will not be allowed at the NFL Draft and NFL Draft Experience
- Confiscated items will be disposed of and not returned
- Items left in vehicles should be stored out of sight