Philadelphia, PA - Following the CDC's latest Interim Recommendations for U.S. Households with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus, current evidence suggests coronavirus may remain for hours to days on most surfaces.
Coronavirus: Safety and Readiness Tips for You
"Washing our hands should not be our only concern after we return home from a simple trip to the grocery or drug store during Covid-19," says Elizabeth Mullans, M.D.
10 Tips to Stay Safe When You've Been to The Grocery Store, Pharmacy, Gas Station, or Outside the House According to Elizabeth Mullan's, M.D.
Here are 10 tips to consider with Covid-19:
- Disinfect your wallet, phone, keys, and credit cards travel items
- Clean and disinfect the clothes hamper
- Place a large garbage bag or disposable liner in the dirty clothes hamper.
- The CDC recommends washing your clothes in the warmest appropriate water setting (above 167 degrees)
- Thoroughly dry the washed clothes
- Wear disposable gloves when removing worn clothing.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Wash hands with soap and water as soon as you remove the gloves.
- Add laundry detergent into the washing machine before adding water and clothing.
- Clean your washing machine with P2 Probiotic Power I Clean Washers.
Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for the prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.