Philadelphia PA – Philadelphia has a flourishing urban forest that provides many benefits to citizens, including shade, oxygen, cleaner air and water, and beauty. But trees are living things and they can’t always be controlled, especially during extreme weather events like rain, snow and ice storms, and high winds.
If a tree falls during a storm and it’s blocking a road, or it has fallen on a house, car or other property, call 911. A crew of arborists from Philadelphia Parks & Recreation are on-call to respond to tree emergencies and they will come out to remove the hazard and any part of the tree that is an immediate risk to public safety. Other parts of the tree that don’t pose an immediate risk (such as tree trunks and stumps) will be removed at a later time so our crews can focus on other safety hazards around the city during extreme weather events. In the event that a tree has fallen on electrical wires, please call PECO’s emergency line: 1-800-841-4141.
For non-emergency tree requests, please submit a request through Philly 311 via one of the channels below:
- Phone: Dial 3-1-1 or for those with VOiP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and for calls from outside of Philadelphia dial 215-686-8686. The Call Center is open Monday-Friday from 8am-8pm excluding City holidays
- Website: Submit a request online at http://www.phila.gov/311/form/.
- Mobile Application: Download the free Philly 311 mobile app from the app store via a smart device (phone, tablet, etc.).
- Social Media: Ask a question or submit a request using Facebook or Twitter, @philly311.
- Walk in Center: The Philly 311 Walk-in Center (City Hall Room 167) is open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm excluding City holidays.
After submitting a request for service, you will be provided with a reference number to track the status of your request at your convenience by calling the Call Center, or visiting the Philly 311 website or mobile app.
For non-emergency requests for private property tree trimming around electrical wires, please use this PECO request form.