PHILADELPHIA, PA - SEPTA will offer special late night Regional Rail service to accommodate New Year's Eve crowds heading home after taking part in festivities at Penn's Landing, Center City, Times Square and elsewhere.
Complete New Year's Holiday service information for all SEPTA - Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority modes is posted online at www.septa.org. Highlights of the service plan are as follows:
Saturday, Dec. 31 ( New Year's Eve)
- SEPTA Regional Rail trains will operate on a regular Saturday schedule with special late-night service departing from Center City stations.
- The special schedule is available for download at: https://septa.org/events/pdf/2016-12-rrd-nye-late-night.pdf
- The late-night New Year's Eve schedule includes added service to Chestnut Hill, Fox Chase, Elwyn, Lansdale, Malvern, Norristown, Warminster and Trenton.
- Ticket Offices at Jefferson Station, Suburban and 30th Street Stations will remain open until 2:00 a.m.
- Temporary bus detours will be in effect on 15th Street between Washington Avenue and City Hall to accommodate preparations for the Mummers Parade.
Broad Street & Market/Frankford Lines:
- SEPTA Broad Street and Market/Frankford Line trains will operate all-night service on New Year's Eve.
- Beginning at 4:10 p.m., additional trains have been added to accommodate crowds traveling to Penn's Landing for fireworks.
Sunday, Jan. 1 (New Year's Day):
- All Regional Rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- City Transit Buses and Trolleys will operate on a modified weekday schedule.
- A number of buses that operate on and around the Mummers Parade route will be on detour. Full details on adjusted bus routing and real-time detour updates will be posted on the System Status section of SEPTA's website at www.septa.org
Monday, Jan. 2:
- All Regional Rail Lines will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Most buses and trolleys will operate on a modified weekday schedule (https://septa.org/schedules/modified.html).
For detailed information, customers can visit www.septa.org to view changes to their train lines and download the special New Year's Eve schedule. Customers can also contact SEPTA Customer Service representatives by phone at (215) 580-7800.
- Philadelphia Restrictions and Road Closures: 2017 Mummers Parade
- SEPTA Opens a Travel Center at University City
- 2017 New Year’s Eve Party Spots in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia 2017 New Year Events