Philadelphia, PA - The Darby Township Police Department will participate in National Night Out on Tuesday, August 7, 2018, at the Darby Police Department parking lot at 2 Studevan Plaza (Hook and Sharon roads) in Sharon Hill, Pa. in Delaware County, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Event is free to the public.
National Night Out is a free annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships to make neighborhoods safer and a better place to live. The Darby Township Police Department recognizes the importance of community policing and working with local residents to solve problems. National Night Out is a national observance and an opportunity to interact with the community in a positive environment and promote the power and value of police-community partnerships.
Darby Township’s National Night Out is a family-oriented event and is affiliated with National Night Out, which involves over 35 million people in more than 10,000 communities across the nation.
The public will be able to see some of the specialized equipment and vehicles that the police use to carry out their duties.
- The Police Department’s K-9 officers will take part in a K-9 demonstration
- Motorcycle Officers will be present at the event and interacting with the public and providing information about community prevention awareness.
- National Night Out will feature firefighters and fire apparatus from Darby Township Fire and Rescue.
- A guest appearance by the Phillie Phanatic
- Bob Pantano, of WOGL Radio personality
- Free food and water ice
For more information about the event you can visit the Darby Township Police Department’s Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/DarbyTownshipPoliceDept