Recipe &Cooking Corner - Foil Pack Cheesy Sausages & Potatoes - Created by Blogger Chelsea Lords of Chelsea’s Messy Apron. Don’t let complicated food foil your game day plans. The recipe for tailgating success lies in food that is fun and packed full of flavor. TABASCO Sauce has teamed up with Chelsea Lords.
- Heavy Duty Foil and Cooking Spray
- 10 ounces Smoked Sausage (I use turkey sausage)
- 1/2 of 1 large Yellow Onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 pound Baby Red Potatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: Fine Sea Salt and Freshly Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- One teaspoon TABASCO Sauce
- Three tablespoons Olive Oil
- Additional TABASCO Sauce and Chopped Cilantro, for serving
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
1. Set out four large pieces of heavy-duty foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the grill to 500 degrees F.
2. Prepare the sausage and veggies: coin the sausage and then quarter the coins of sausage. Place in a large bowl. Chop the onion and bell pepper and add to the large bowl. Slice the baby red potatoes in half and half again (depending on size, halve again). You want the potatoes in pretty small pieces, so they'll cook at the right timing!
3. Add the sea salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, TABASCO® Sauce, and olive oil to the bowl. Toss everything gently, but thoroughly to combine.
4. Separate mixture evenly into four parts on the prepared pieces of foil. Seal the foil packs leaving space for steam, but making sure the seal is 100% airtight.
5. Place on the 500 degrees heated grill and grill for 10 minutes. Flip and grill for another 8-10 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to sit for a few minutes before opening. Check for doneness and if not, add to the grill for another 5 minutes, around 18 minutes!
6. Open gently and allow the steam to escape. Add a few extra dashes of TABASCO Sauce to each packet. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the foil packets and let the heat to melt the cheese. You can also throw them back on the grill for another minute to speed up the process. Sprinkle fresh cilantro over the packs and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes