Grilled Peaches will take to the grill with ease. The quick cooking over bbq flames help to expose the natural juiciness of the peach and intensifies their natural sweetness. Grilling peaches is also a great way to bring out the natural flavors of a less-than-perfect peaches, and is a fun way to enjoy the bounties of summer.
6 ounces or one cup of fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons tap water
2–3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 medium peaches, firm but ripe, halved
1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
- Ready the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- In a food processor puree the blueberries with the water. Add sugar to taste.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Brush the peach halves all over with the butter mixture.
- Brush the grilling grids clean. Grill the peach halves over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are browned in spots and warm throughout, 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 3 minutes or so. Remove the peaches from the grill and serve warm with the blueberry sauce and frozen yogurt, if desired.
- BBQ 101: Grilled Watermelon Dessert
- Desert 101: S’mores Cake's in a Jar
- Desert 101: Simple Tuxedo Cheesecake Recipe
- BBQ 101: Melted Chocolate Stuffed Bananas on The Grill