Philadelphia, PA - Chocolate Bananas Dessert Recipe: OK, the kids are going to love this creamy melted chocolate stuffed banana recipe, served warm right off the grill. And it's simple to do as a side dish dessert while the grill is still hot.
The Ingredients You'll Need:
Bananas – 4-8
Milk chocolate bars – 4-8 (Or your favorite chocolate/caramel/chocolate chips)
Vanilla Ice Cream
Crushed graham crackers
- Bring grill temperature up to 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Takes bananas and cut a slit to make a pocket. Be sure not to cut through the banana.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place it in the banana pocket.
- Place bananas opposite hot coals for indirect cooking.
- Cook for approximately one hour. Cook time may vary depending on the temperature of your grill.
- After one hour, remove bananas from the grill and place them on a platter.
- Top with graham crackers, caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream, more chocolate.
- Be sure to make enough for everyone.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy!