Kick-off summer festivities with these succulent Grilled Sticky Ribs. Baked first, these ribs are then grilled with a sweet chili glaze for a delightful Asian-inspired finish.
- Aluminum foil
- 2 racks (about 4 pounds total) baby back ribs
- Garlic salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (mirin)
- PREHEAT oven to 300° F. Using knife, remove membrane from bone side of ribs (this step is very important for tender ribs). Pat ribs dry with paper towel; season both sides liberally with garlic salt and pepper. Place ribs in a large roasting pan, overlapping as needed. Add about ½ cup water to pan. Cover tightly with foil.
BAKE for about 3 hours or until meat is very tender but not quite falling off the bones.
HEAT oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook for 1 minute. Stir in sweet chili sauce, Juicy Juice and rice wine. Reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes or until sauce is reduced to about 1 cup (it should be thick and sticky).
PREHEAT grill or broiler. Brush glaze over tops of ribs. Grill over medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or broil about 4 inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce caramelizes. Serve with any remaining glaze.