ABOUT PHILLY LOVES BEER - Established in 2017, Philly Loves Beer is a non-profit 501 (c)(6) organization overseen by a community of like-minded beer professionals seeking to grow the pie and promote the whole Philadelphia region. Through a membership network, PLB works to promote and educate consumers about beer for 365 days a year, while celebrating Philly’s proud brewing culture by highlighting local brewers and progressive national trends.
PLB will usher in 2017 with the following major events and fundraisers:
- ·Belgium Brew Day: On January 18, Felicia D’Ambrosio (PBW raffle winner) and Bob Barrar (2SP, Head Brewer) will collaborate with Brouwerij DeRanke, under the guidance of PBW co-founder and Belgium beer ambassador Tom Peters, to create PBW’s 10th Anniversary Beer in Belgium.
- ·Flan-Animal: On February 19, PLB will host their first official fundraiser, a flannel fashion show at Heritage (914 North 2nd Street) featuring PLB members and supporters, judged by a panel of local female beer celebrities. The event is open to the public and all proceeds will benefit PLB.
- ·Beer Madness: On March 13, PLB will unveil their annual Beer Madness Bracket on the organization’s new website, featuring a highly-anticipated field of 32 ALL LOCAL beers. This marks the fourth edition of Beer Madness; last year, Evil Genius Beer Company’s Shut Up, Meg! was crowned champion.
- ·Opening Tap: On June 1, PBW’s marquee event returns to The Fillmore Philadelphia – a raucous summer party, with rare pours from Philly’s best local breweries. Opening Tap caps a whirlwind day where the famed Hammer of Glory, aka The HOG, parades around the city from bar-to-bar and brewery-to-brewery on an Olympic Torch-style relay starting in the early morning.
About PLB: Philly Loves Beer
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode