Recipies 101 - Looking for a flavorful yet light brunch idea? Try this Spinach & Salmon Pastry recipe. Chef Janet Davis made it recently at a cooking demonstration class at Bloomingdale’s. It’s easy to make and delightfully delicious!
SPINACH & SALMON PASTRY
- 1-17.3oz Pkg Puff Pastry Sheets
- ½ lb Smoked Salmon
- 10oz Pkg Baby Spinach
- 1/3 Tsp Roasted Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3oz Feta Cheese
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- Dill leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove smoked salmon from refrigerator and let sit for 30 minutes
- Thaw Pastry Sheets (on a floured cutting board for about 20 minutes)
- Chop Spinach (rough chop)
- Combine olive oil, feta, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl mixing together using a fork
- Add spinach and toss. Set aside.
- Using a paring knife, cut each pastry sheet lengthwise along folded crease (yields 6 cuts total)
- Then, cut each strip in two along the width (yields 12 cuts total)
- Using a fork, prick each pastry cutout about 4 or 5 times
- Using a pastry bush, brush each strip with cold water
- Place pastry cuts on a non-stick sheet pan
- Using a fork or gloved hand, spread spinach mix on pastry sheets, leaving space at the edges
- Place sheet pan in the oven and bake approximately 20 minutes.
- Using a knife, gently break apart salmon (brush with a bit of olive oil if desired)
- Remove sheet pan from oven.
- Using a small tong, place a good wedge of salmon atop each puff pastry.
- Dress each puff pastry with dill leaves and serve
- Recipes 101: Beginner's Guide to Dinner Rolls
- Recipes 101: Simple and Easy Apple Crisp Crumble
- Recipes 101: Cooking Ribs in the Oven
- BBQ Recipes: Grilled Venison With Bacon
- Recipes 101: Turkey Bacon Egg Cups