BBQ 101: Our grilled steak recipe is a protein packed dish, low in sodium and fat and makes for a great hearty meal for any summer time barbecue . Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
What You Need:
- Cooking spray
- 2 4-ounce filet steaks (1 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black peppers
- 1 tablespoon trans-fat-free margarine
- 2 cup of sliced baby mushrooms
- 2 medium baked sweet potatoes (1 medium, as purchased, weighs about 5 oz)
1. Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill and heat on High Heat . Spray grill grates with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
3. Place steaks on grill with direct high-heat and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 18-23 minutes or until done according to your preference (flipping once). Transfer steak to a plate and cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
4. In a medium sauté pan, heat margarine over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5-6 minutes until tender. Serve with sweet potato.
- BBQ 101: Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- BBQ 101: Cleaning a Stainless Steel Grill
- BBQ 101: Grilling Tips For The "Hot Dog Days" Of Summer
- BBQ 101: What You Need To Know About Potato Salads
- BBQ 101: Baby Back Ribs With A Kick