Philadelphia is a great place to date. With historic downtown, interesting neighborhoods and a wealth of restaurants, the city offers a romantic setting for any budding romance.
The top 5 Romantic Date Ideas for dining out in Philadelphia:
- Dine at Caffe Valentino. This romantic destination offers a quixotic ambiance and casual atmosphere that encourages its patrons to be at ease (it is good to relax any first date nerves)! Valentino's is where genius meets cuisine; theirs menu is a twist on the traditional. Valentino's is BYOB, so choose wisely and impress your date with your knowledge of fine wine. Located at Wharton & Moyamensing Philadelphia, PA 19147 P: 215.336.3033 , follow your innovative meal with a stroll in Philly's most eclectic neighborhood.
- Dine at Tinto. This intimate restaurant and bar resembles a rustic wine cellar, it is dark, rich and sensual - just like their food. This tapas restaurant won't let you go home hungry, either, especially if you choose one of their tasting menus. Be sure to try the Duck Mondadito and the Bananas Y Azafran (chocolate cake, caramelized bananas and saffron crème). Located at 114 South 20th Street, be sure to notice their décor as you exit for your next adventure.
- Dine at Le Bec Fin. This restaurant is truly glamorous. A true classic, this restaurant at 1523 Walnut Street is the place to go to impress your date. You date will feel like part of a fairy tale surrounded by the stunning décor, which includes ornate mirrors, fireplaces and larger than life chandeliers. Be sure to try the Foie Gras with Black Truffle Sauce and enjoy the dessert cart - your expectations will be exceeded.
- Dine at Varalli - Upstares. Located at 1343 Locust Street, this gem is kitty corner to the Academy of Music. With its prime location, make this restaurant is a fabulous choice for a romantic date. Ideas for after dinner include, seeing a performance or strolling along the Avenue of the Arts. Be sure to try the Stuffed Mushrooms.
- Dine at Butcher and Singer. Feeling like you have just stepped into an old film, Butcher and Singer's 1940's style supper club comes with luxe leather banquettes, chandeliers, sconces and of course the delectable fare. Simple and flavorful describes their food and your experience! This place will stir conversation and can almost guarantee a second date. Be sure to try the crab cake appetizer.
Try one of these romantic date ideas and you will WOW your date with your taste of the city's best bets!
Don't let the dining experience do all the work; remember to be courteous and attentive to your date while enjoying you night out on the town! Interesting and romantic date ideas are a sure-fire way to make any night memorable.
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode