Philadelphia, PA - National Cheese Lover’s Day on January 20th, No matter how you slice it, grilled cheese sandwiches have been a staple in American households, college dorm rooms and cozy diners since the first bowl of tomato soup felt lonely. Below are some place to celebrate in Philadelphia.
- Truffled Mac & Cheese from Del Frisco’s Grille –- the creamiest Mac & Cheese you’ll ever eat, with a hint of fresh truffle to bring it to the next level.
- Lobster Burrata from Scarpetta - Because why have regular burrata when you can top it with fresh whole pound lobster, pickled cherry tomato, caviar and lentil puree?
- Queso dip from Distrito - What’s better than the classic cheesy Mexican staple and some authentic Mexican street food style tacos to boot?
- Truffle Mac & Cheese from Barclay Prime –the perfect luxurious, indulgent side to go along your perfectly cooked steak!
- French Onion Soup from Chez Ben – One of the most warming meals to enjoy during the winter season, this soup guarantees that delightful “cheese pull” experience we all dream of.
- Kabocha Squash Cavatelli from Stir - the Philadelphia Museum of Art – give in to your inner carb cravings with cavatelli! Featuring pecorino, sage, and brown butter, this dish delivers on all of the warming, rich flavors we crave in the winter.
Borden Cheese Fun Tips and Tricks:
Cheese, If You Please - As the name suggests, cheese is the star of the show for this familiar favorite. American Singles are always a crowd pleaser, but for an even meltier grilled cheese you can opt for shredded cheese for a more even melt and that Instagram-worthy cheese pull. The new line of Thick Cut Shreds from Borden® Cheese were dreamt up with melting in mind, and add the perfect layer of creamy coverage to any sandwich.
Pack it with Protein - Looking for a more grown up take? Add protein and fresh veggies to your sandwich for a filling and balanced option that still tastes like mom used to make. With unlimited possibilities like this Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese or Turkey Bacon & Tomato Grilled Cheese, there’s no excuse not to eat a grilled cheese on April 12.
Better without Butter? - The best part about the grilled cheese sandwich is its ability to be easily tweaked to your own taste, from mixing different cheese and flavors to switching up the bread. But have you ever considered ditching the butter? For years, some have sworn by frying their sandwiches in mayonnaise, not butter, to achieve that perfectly crispy, even cook, and slightly tangy flavor boost. If Martha Stewart does it, you know it has to be good!
Philly's Grilled Cheese Sandwich Guide - The grilled cheese sandwich, once considered so plain it was relegated to kids’ menus, has now gained grown-up favor and flavor among specialty food vendors, lunch spots and esteemed eateries in and around Philadelphia.
Strawberry Chocolate Grilled Cheese -The general idea of a grilled cheese sandwich is enough to make a calm person's heart flutter.So when we came cross a strawberry chocolate grilled cheese sandwich, we squealed. Very loudly. We may have even whispered the words, "oh Ya."