Philadelphia, PA - In a sandwich town like Philadelphia it's not surprising to find some great Banh Mi around town. Also known as the Vietnamese hoagie,
Best Philly Banh Mi
Banh Mi consists of a French baguette, with pickled and fresh vegetables and topped off with a protein, such as pulled pork or tofu. The name comes from the Vietnamese word for bread or more specifically the French baguette. A staple in Vietnamese cuisine and unlike the traditional French baguette the Vietnamese version is made with rice and wheat flour.
In Philadelphia, Banh Mi sandwiches are typically sold in Vietnamese restaurants and bakeries. So if you're a sandwich lover in Philadelphia, here are some of the top places to find the best traditional and non-traditional Banh Mi in Philly.
Top Banh Mi Sandwiches in Philadelphia
- Banh Mi Cali - Located at 900 Arch Street, Philadelphia PA 19107. Try the BBQ Pork Sandwich, this place makes a great Banh Mi in Chinatown and is close to center city.
- Nam Son Bakery - Located at 1600 Carpenter St Philadelphia, PA 19146. The baguettes are freshly baked in house, we suggest trying the Pork Belly Banh Mi or Shredded Pork Banh Mi.
- PhotauBay – 2650 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19145. This South Philly restaurant offers guests friendly service and fresh, flavorful food in a nice neighborhood setting. They even have a large Gelato counter with a wide variety of flavors. Bhan Mi is made with the freshest of ingredients, served with various proteins to choose from.
- Banh Mi and Bottles - Located at 714 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Vietnamese street eats & craft beer to go, this place servers up a classic Banh Mi using authentic family recipes, but is not confined by them.
- QT Vietnamese Sandwich - Located at 48 N 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107. They focus on fresh produce and a very flavorful Banh Mi, making traditional sandwiches and Vietnamese cuisine.
- Banh Mi Square - Located at 320 W Oregon Ave #3, Philadelphia, PA 19148. We recommend the Grilled Pork or the #3. On the outside, the roll is fresh and tasty. On the inside, the pork excellent.
Mi 'N Tea – 4229 Main St, Philadelphia, PA 19127. Offers traditional Vietnamese sandwiches prepared with fresh-baked bread, premium meats, and house-made ingredients. The Bánh Mi is make using trendy and traditional Vietnamese flavors come together to create the perfect sandwich.
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of a round-up of the best places to find great food, entertainment, and more in Philly.
Best Philadelphia Banh Mi Sandwiches