Philadelphia, PA - In a sandwich town like Philadelphia it's not surprising to find some great Banh Mi around town. Also known as the Vietnamese hoagie, Banh Mi consists of a French baguette, with pickled and fresh vegetables and topped off with a protein, such as pulled pork or tofu. The name comes from the Vietnamese word for bread or more specifically the French baguette. A staple in Vietnamese cuisine and unlike the traditional French baguette the Vietnamese version is made with rice and wheat flour.
Philly Banh Mi
In Philadelphia Banh Mi sandwiches are typically sold in Vietnamese restaurants and bakeries. So if you're a sandwich lover in Philadelphia, here are some of the top places to find the best traditional and non-traditional Banh Mi in Philly.
Top Banh Mi Sandwiches in Philadelphia
- Banh Mi Cali - Located at 900 Arch Street, Philadelphia PA 19107. Try the BBQ Pork Sandwich, this place makes a great Banh Mi in Chinatown and is close to center city.
- Nam Son Bakery - Located at 1600 Capenter St Philadelphia, PA 19146. The baguettes are freshly baked in house, we suggest trying the Pork Belly Banh Mi or Shredded Pork Banh Mi.
- Banh Mi and Bottles - Located at 714 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Vietnamese street eats & craft beer to go, this place servers up a classic Banh Mi using an authentic family recipes, but is not confined by them.
- QT Vietnamese Sandwich - Located at 48 N 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107. They focus on fresh produce and a very flavorful Banh Mi, making traditional sandwiches and Vietnamese cuisine.
- Banh Mi Square - Located at 320 W Oregon Ave #3, Philadelphia, PA 19148. We recommend the Grilled Pork or the #3. On the outside, the roll is fresh and tasty. On the inside, the pork excellent.