Philadelphia, PA - Vietnamese fare is recognized as one of the healthiest cuisines throughout the world. Typical ingredients consist of fresh herbs, fish sauce, shrimp paste, beans, and fruit & vegetables.
Vietnamese cuisine is mainly inspired by French Cuisine and is the result of the French colonization of Vietnam. In Philadelphia, Vietnamese restaurants offer up a wide variety of traditional Vietnamese foods such as Bánh Mì sandwiches and Pho, a Vietnamese soup made from broth, and you can also find vegan pho at most Philadelphia pho restaurants.
Where to Eat Vietnamese in Philly
- Bánh Mì and Bottles - Vietnamese street food and cocktails with a craft beer to go the store, with an excellent Vietnam menu. 712-14 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- QT Vietnamese Sandwich - Eatery offering traditional banh mi in addition to noodles & rice platters served in a relaxed setting with french Vietnamese food. 48 N 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Pho TauBay – The new kid on the block, this Vietnamese eatery in South Philly, is specializing in Pho and Ban Mi sandwiches. 2650 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Pho 75 - straightforward Vietnamese Pho soups in several varieties, starting with vegetable to beef flavored. 1122 Washington Ave F, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Vietnam Café - A traditional family-owned and operated restaurant offering up classic Vietnamese fare. 816 S 47th St, Philadelphia, PA 19143
- Streetside - Vietnamese street food served in a purposely downgraded shopfront with an outdoor patio. 165 W Girard Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Yummy Pho - This Temple University spot specializing in Pho, rice vermicelli, as well as Vietnamese favorites for both takeout and delivery. 2012 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19121
- Pho Ha Saigon - Bowls of pho, rice dishes & other Vietnamese staples round out the menu at this cafeteria-style eatery. 320 W Oregon Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Thang Long Noodle Restaurant - Casual, family-run eatery offering pho and various other Vietnamese classics and bubble tea. 2534-36 Kensington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Cafe Diem – Top quality Vietnamese fare in a cozy spot well-known for bun bo hue. 1031 S 8th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of round-ups of the best places to find great food, entertainment and more in Philly.
Best Philadelphia Vietnamese Restaurants
Mexican Food in Philadelphia
Tacos and Taquerias in Philadelphia - Tacos are a time-honored Mexican dish comprised of corn, wheat, or flour tortilla with a variety of fillings. Philadelphia has several great taco restaurants from Mexican eateries offering up this time-honored traditional fare.
Fajitas in Philadelphia - The Fajita is a Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine consisting of grilled meats, usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. In Philadelphia, the Fajita can be found at popular restaurants to traditional Mexican joints.