Philly's 5 Must-Try Chicken Sandwiches In The Region: The chicken sandwich usually consists of a chicken filet or patty, toppings, and bread. The chicken can be deep fried, grilled, or roasted, and white or dark meat chicken can be used. Below is a list of a few must-try Chicken Sandwiches around the Philadelphia Region.
- Every gastropub needs a reputable sandwich, and Brick & Brew Pub in Havertown, Delaware County, go the extra mile. A buttermilk fried chicken sandwich gets gussied up with vinegar slaw and garlic-chili aioli. 2138 Darby Road, Havertown, (484) 455-7250, bricknbrewpub.com
- The reverent Southern Cross Kitchen chicken sandwich sticks to the simplicity of the classic. Of course, buttermilk-fried chicken breast, pickles and mayo hardly need adornment. 8 E. 1st Avenue, Conshohocken, (484) 344-5668, southerncrosskitchen.com
- When an eatery specializes in fried chicken, as West Philly’s Wishbone does, the possibilities for sandwich combos are limitless. They range from The Southern (coleslaw, pickles and tomato marmalade) to The Cordon Bleu (chorizo, Swiss cheese and honey mustard) to The Dirty Bird (chili, barbecue sauce, pickled jalapeño, and provolone). 4034 Walnut Street, (215) 921-3204, wishbonephilly.com
- Federal Donuts fried chicken sandwich, it's a boneless version of FedNuts' double-fried chicken sandwich on Martin's potato roll, with buttermilk ranch seasoning, spicy sauce, American cheese, and pickles. It'll hit the menu at $6.75 and, like the rest of the chicken offerings, will be available daily starting at 11 a.m., federaldonuts.com
- Freebyrd Chicken - The Freebyrd Chicken Sandwich is a buttermilk brined fried chicken, Alabama white BBQ sauce & homemade pickles on a soft roll.
Share This Article on Social Media