Retro-themed player headshots during Phillies-Cardinals series, June 19-21: Players to wear retro uniforms, Vintage Bobble Head, Alumni & Astronaut first pitches, and Chevrolet Father's Appreciation Day with 1960s Phillies cap. Plus, Phans Feeding Families Day & Food Drive to benefit Philabundance,,, and local police officer
who saved the life of a runner at the Broad Street run recognized
FRIDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 5:05 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: NBC10, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, SportsRadio 94WIP and in Spanish on SBP 1680.
- 60s FUN at Phillies Retro Night! Fans are invited to get decked out in their finest '60s threads.
- On the Field: The Phillies will wear their 1969 uniform with an MLB 100th Anniversary Patch, and the Cardinals will wear their 1961 uniform. Plus, base jewels will have the 1960s logo, and Phillies Grounds Crew and Ballgirls will be in retro attire.
- PhanaVision will feature vintage music, video clips and retro-themed player headshots.
- Alumni & Astronaut First Pitch: Don Money, former Phillies infielder 1968-1972 and NASA Astronaut Rick Mastracchio.
- National Anthem: Local singer/songwriter and guitarist Greg Sover.
- Vintage Phillies Bobble Head Theme Night Ticket Offer. The first 1,000 fans that purchase tickets (Theme Night ticket only) for this event will receive a coupon for a Vintage Phillies Bobble Head sporting the 1960s Road Jersey.
- 1960s Retro-Themed Party: Characters from the era will make appearances pre-game on Ashburn Alley, as the Phillies' Scott Palmer hosts live music from Tennessee Jedi, a Grateful Dead tribute band starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Entrance Gates: Sweet Loretta Fat, a Beatles Tribute Band (First Base Plaza); a 1969 Corvette Stingray will be on display (Left Field Plaza); 98.1 WOGL will play their "Flower Power" music mix and Frank Lewis of the WOGL Breakfast Club will be on hand to meet and greet listeners (Third Base Plaza); and a NASA mobile exhibit will be on display (Citizens Bank Way).
- $1 Yearbooks: Tie-dye clad program vendors will roll back pricing to 1969.
- Traffic Alert: Fans should be aware of dual events taking place at the sports complex that evening. In addition to the game, there is a New Kids on the Block concert at the Wells Fargo Center.
- Earlier in the Day: Phillies Baseball Carpenter Cup at Phillies MLB Urban Youth Academy Fields at FDR Park. Rain dates on Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21, with the semi-finals and championship games at Citizens Bank Park on Monday, June 22 and Tuesday, June 23.
SATURDAY: 7:05 p.m. … All gates open: 5:05 p.m. … Broadcast: TCN, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, SportsRadio 94WIP and in Spanish on SBP 1680.
- Phans Feeding Families Day & Food Drive: Ballpark-wide effort to help feed families in need. Hosted by the Phillies, Citizens Bank and the Sandburg Family. Benefits Philabundance. Here's how to help:
- Take part in the Phillies Charities 50/50 Raffle.
- Bid on new and games used items at a silent auction at the First Base Plaza.
- Donate non-perishable food at the Toyota Tundra trucks located at the entrance gates. Recommended items include plastic jars of peanut butter and jelly, canned tuna and pasta.
- Buy a limited-edition Phans Feeding Families pin at the Majestic Clubhouse Store and Phillies NewsStands. Each $5 pin provides 6 meals for families in need.
- Spread the word about the cause and follow @Phillies on Twitter using #PhansFeed.
- First Pitch: A unique ceremonial first pitch representing the 900,000 families in need in the Delaware Valley.
- National Anthem: Pennsylvania Youth Chorale directed by Eileen Finley.
- Book Signing: Phillies Alumni Gary Matthews will sign copies of his book, Few and Chosen, at the NewsStand behind Section 111 on the Main Concourse from 5:30-6:30pm.
- Runners Night at the Ballpark. Theme Night Ticket required.
- Hometown Heroes Base Change presented by Rothman Institute: Matthew Fleming, a police officer in the Counter-Terrorism Operations Unit who saved the life of a runner during the Broad Street Run.
SUNDAY: 1:35 p.m. … All gates open - 11:35 a.m. … Broadcast: CSN, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, SportsRadio 94WIP and in Spanish on SBP 1680.
- Chevrolet Father's Appreciation Day: All men 15 and over will receive a 1960s Phillies cap, courtesy of Chevrolet.
- Phillies players and coaches will don their 1969 uniforms once more.
- PhanaVision will replicate the look and feel of the old Connie Mack Stadium scoreboard.
- Glenn Giles, father of Ken Giles, will be representing all dads at the game.
- Alumni First Pitch: Bobby Wine, Phillies infielder 1960-68.
- Phillies Wives Silent Auction: First Base Plaza, 11:05 a.m. until 3:55 p.m. Benefits Phillies Charities, Inc.
- Celebrate Sundays - $5 Ice Cream Sundaes and Root Beer Floats at Harry the K's starting in the 4th inning. Free face painting on the Main Concourse.
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode