Citizens Bank Park - The Phillies have finalized their Opening Day roster for the 2017 regular season. With an average age of 28.08 years old, the roster includes 13 players that were not on the 2016 Opening Day roster.
The Opening Day roster includes 12 pitchers, two catchers, six infielders and five outfielders.
Pitchers (12): Right-handers Joaquín Benoit, Clay Buchholz, Jerad Eickhoff, Jeanmar Gómez, Jeremy Hellickson, Héctor Neris, Pat Neshek, Aaron Nola, Edubray Ramos and Vince Velasquez, and left-handers Adam Morgan and Joely Rodríguez.
Catchers (2): Andrew Knapp and Cameron Rupp
Infielders (6): Andrés Blanco, Maikel Franco, Freddy Galvis, César Hernández, Tommy Joseph and Brock Stassi
Outfielders (5): Aaron Altherr, Odúbel Herrera, Howie Kendrick, Daniel Nava and Michael Saunders.
Right-handed pitcher Zach Eflin was placed on the 10-day disabled list (retroactive to 3/30) to continue rehabilitation from his knee surgeries (right knee on 8/19 & left knee on 9/30).
The Phillies are at 40 players on their 40-man roster
- Phillies: New Food Concessions Added to Citizens Bank Park
- Phillies Charities 5K presented by Toyota
- What's New in Food, Fashion & Fandom at the Phillies' Spring Training
- Metal Detectors Added at Phillies Spring Training Games
- Phillies 2017 Single Game Tickets On Sale