Jersey Shore, NJ - Nothing is better than visiting a rundown seafood shack on a hot summer day, and what seafood joints lack in glamour they more than make up for in character, legend, and, of course, fresh seafood. Below are some of the best places to get your seafood fix at the Jersey Shore.
- Mike's Seafood – located at 4222 Park Rd, Sea Isle City, NJ 08243 is an Old-fashioned, no-frills waterside restaurant serving seafood staples both indoors & out. "Fresh seafood, friendly service, authentic, good location."
- Crab & Seafood Shack – Located at 4520 Park Blvd, Wildwood, NJ 08260. Takeout for fresh Jersey seafood, including lobster rolls, garlic crabs & steamed littleneck clams. "Great food, nice place, friendly service."
- Mud City Crab House – Located at 1185 E Bay Ave, Manahawkin, NJ 08050. Hopping seafood spot known for its crab cakes, with an outdoor patio & an on-site fish market. BYOB. "Great place! awesome atmosphere food and service."
- Quahog's Seafood Shack – Located at 206 97th St, Stone Harbor, NJ 08247. Laid-back BYOB locale with a patio for creative & classic seafood plates, including raw oysters. "Good food, excellent service, casual atmosphere."
- Jack's Lobster Shack – Located at 1040 River Rd, Edgewater, NJ 07020. Lively BYOB eatery serving straightforward seafood such as lobster rolls, fried clams & shrimp. "Service was pretty fast, and the portion sizes were good for the price."
- Hooked Up Seafood – Located at 1044 W Rio Grande Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260. Just fresh seafood, straight from the source. Prepared with the purest ingredients and deliver the finished product right to your plate. "Everything is amazingly fresh - fish tacos, crab cakes, and fried shrimp."
- Tonio's Seafood Shack – Located at 2481 Ocean Dr, Avalon, NJ 08202. Tonio's is standard seafood join with a few standout dishes, its definitely a laid-back seafood shack with a BYOB culture. "Great place -- fantastic food and great service."
- The Lobster House - Located at 906 Schellengers Landing Rd, Cape May, NJ 08204. A Bustling, harbor front seafood restaurant is featuring a full bar, dockside seating & a casual ambiance. "Delicious food, huge fried shrimp, warm bread, and clam chowder to die for."
- Spike's Fish Market & Restaurant – Located at 415 Broadway, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742. A classic shack with casual seafood favorites like lobster rolls & clam chowder, plus a fish market. "Fresh Seafood, BYOB, laid back atmosphere."
- Crab Shack Seafood Market &Restaurant – Located at 1112 W Brigantine Ave, Brigantine, NJ 08203. Informal seafood chain serving crab buckets & stuffed shrimp, plus American comfort dishes. "Great service, very nice staff."
- Two Mile Landing Marina – Located at Fish Dock Rd, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260. Waterfront site with boat docking & 2 restaurants with views (upscale dining or casual crab house). "Good fresh food, prices on par with the area, nice atmosphere, great service."