Philadelphia, PA - Relive the favorite flavors of your childhood with five Girl Scout inspired cookie milkshakes at P’unk Burger at 1823 East Passyunk. Passyunk’s organic burger, fries and shake shop announces five limited edition cookie shakes that all feature Girl Scout cookies between February 17 and February 25, 2018.
Shakes will include toasted coconut and caramel sea salt, campfire s'mores, chocolate peanut butter and jelly, mint cookie, and new gluten-free honey banana oatmeal peanut butter. During each Saturday and Sunday of the sale, local Girl Scouts will sell cookies in front of the eatery. For every Girl Scout inspired cookie shake sold, $1.00 will be donated to support Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania’s Girl Experience and Outreach Programming.
“I wanted to support the Girl Scouts because I am a mother of six girls and I feel that anything that helps girls realize their potential is worth investing in,” said owner Marlo Dilks. “In today’s climate, we have to do all we can to empower and raise girls up and give them the tools they need to break that glass ceiling. I am so fortunate to be on East Passyunk with 55 other female owned businesses. I want to inspire the next generation of leaders, business owners and entrepreneurs.”
Although Marlo was never been a Girl Scout herself, as a parent and small business owner, she realizes how important the sense of purpose that the Girl Scouts provides for young girls really is. She feels that organizations like the Girl Scouts are more important now than ever before.
“With the ever increasing pressure to have both parents work outside the home, kids are far too often left behind to roam. Organizations like this help give kids something good to do. They help them to take interest in things and to stay focused,” says Dilks.
GIRL SCOUT INSPIRED COOKIE SHAKE MENU:
Five cookie shakes will feature Girl Scout cookies purchased from area troops. Descriptions are found below for all shakes:
- Toasted Coconut and Sea Salt Caramel Cookie Shake - Vanilla ice cream, chocolate drizzle, toasted coconut, caramel, sea salt, Caramel deLites cookie pieces
- Campfire Cookie Shake - A kicked-up version of P'UNK s'mores shake with vanilla ice cream, Nutella, marshmallow, graham cracker and S’mores cookie
- Mint Cookie Shake - Vanilla ice cream, fresh mint leaves, crushed Thin Mint cookies, chocolate drizzle
- Chocolate PB Cookie and Jelly Cookie Shake - Peanut butter ice cream, Nutella, grape jelly with crushed Peanut Butter Patties
- (Gluten Free) Honey Banana and Oatmeal Cookie Shake - Peanut butter ice-cream, Trios Gluten free cookies, banana, honey, and toasted oats
BYO BOOZY COOKIE SHAKES
For adults that want to add a grown-up twist to their childhood favorite flavors, P’unk Burger invites patrons to BYO. BYO is no extra charge. Dilks suggestions for BYO are as follows:
- Toasted Coconut and Sea Salt Caramel Cookie Shake - A dark spiced rum will bring out the vanilla and coconut flavors of this shake
- Campfire Cookie Shake - A chocolate whiskey will enhance the sweet marshmallow and chocolate flavors of the s’more
- Mint Cookie Shake - An Irish whiskey like Tullamore Dew is spicy enough to not be overpowered by the mint in the shake
- Chocolate PB Cookie and Jelly Shake - A barrel aged rum with bring out the salty and sweet notes of both the peanut butter and the chocolate; a vanilla or flavored vodka can also add a nice added layer here as well
For more information visit punkburger.com, call 215-468-PUNK, tweet @punk_burger and follow P'unk Burger on Facebook.