New Jersey - Looking for old-fashioned family fun in New Jersey, some of the wildest and wettest theme parks can be found around the state. From roller coasters to water parks we got you covered with some of the best family-friendly spots to visit this year.
New Jersey Amusement Parks
- Morey's Pier, Wildwood New Jersey - The biggest seaside amusement park in the Western Hemisphere. This family-owned theme park has more than 100 rides and attractions spread out over three piers and two beachfront water parks.
- Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari, Jackson New Jersey - This theme park contains 14 exciting roller coasters and a safari off-road adventure with over 1200 live animals or sit back and enjoy the live daily entertainment.
- Steel Pier, Atlantic City New Jersey - The park dates back to 1898, with an iconic Pier extending over the Atlantic Ocean and featuring more than 25 rides, an arcade and plenty of Boardwalk eats.
- Clementon Park & Splash World, Clementon New Jersey. This is one of the oldest theme parks in the United States and offers dozens of memorable rides including the watery torpedo rush, a 600 ft free fall into its classic Victorian railway.
- Keansburg Amusement Park and Railway Rapids Waterpark, Keansburg New Jersey - With a beautiful beachfront setting and park, Keansburg has been a popular attraction for over a hundred years. Ride the twisting torpedo or feel the wrath of Pharaoh's Fury on an Egyptian themed boat ride.
Smaller New Jersey Parks
- Wild West City, Byram New Jersey - A western theme park where you can wander the main streets of 1880 and check out more than 22 live-action shows
- Storybook Land, Egg Harbor Township New Jersey - Full of nursery rhyme themes and childhood stories including the classics such as Three Little Pigs, Mother Goose, and Little Red Riding Hood. This family-friendly park is great for younger kids and little ones.
- Land of Make Believe & Pirate's Cove, Hope New Jersey - A favorite destination for kids under eight. little kids love the not so scary roller coaster, buccaneer pirate ship and many other classic rides in this family-friendly Park.
- Playland's Castaway Cove, Ocean City New Jersey - This giant pirate and Galyen on the ocean City's Boardwalk is ocean City's oldest amusement park. With more than 30 rides of family fun including the new Galeforce roller coaster.
- Funplex, Mount Laurel New Jersey - Complete with bumper cars and a bowling alley this family fun park is a great rainy day destination. Try out the splash parks 5 story tall water slides or go for a float on the 500-foot lazy river.