Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili with Blue Cheese Sour Cream, Keep Warm this winter with this easy to make crock pot chili. Simple to make and a hit at your next party or family meal.
Prep time 10 minutes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Use two forks to shred the chicken into small pieces. Check for seasoning and add more salt, pepper, and hot sauce as needed.
4. You can add more heat as you can tolerate. When feeding kids, err on the side of mild and serve with extra hot sauce on the side.
5. To make the topping, mix ingredients in a small bowl.
6. Ladle chili into bowls and top with Blue Cheese Sour Cream.
Recipe by Bree Hester