Philadelphia, PA - Rim Cafe - 1172 South 9th Street Philadelphia PA - René welcomes you to the RIM Cafe on the famous Italian Market, where you will find him behind the espresso bar ready to whip you up to his famous Rene Espresso, or his Award-Winning Hot Chocolate, the Volcano.
French Chocolate Espresso Bar Born in the tradition of service excellence, Groupe Rim originated on the Cote d’Azur in 1982. Founder and Owner, Rene Kobeitri introduced the concept of around-the-clock service in his markets in Nice, France. Very soon, he expanded and opened shops in Cagnes-sur-Mer and then in Cannes.
- In 1989, by lucky coincidence, Rene bought a well-established printing company. This, in time, inspired him to open Mac Mania, where he sold Apple computers. By 1992, he opened the Cesar Center, further expanding his printing business to include banners and signs.
- In 1995, Rene created a MAC mobile technology center, “CA COLLE”, in response to the growing technology needs of his community.
- In 1999, Rene opened Cyber Mac Mania — the first Apple cybercafe in Nice, featuring colorful new iMacs and backed by Rene’s self-taught knowledge of Apple technology.
- In 2002, Rene opened a small eatery in Nice featuring French fast food.
- In 2006, Rene once again expanded Groupe Rim and ventured to the United States. Settling in South Philadelphia’s famous Italian Market, he opened the RIM Cafe
Rim Cafe - Italian Market Philadelphia - Rim Cafe, a chocolate shop with the essence of the French Riviera, but with Italian cafe tradition. Owner Rene Kobeitri is a character. You can tell that he really, truly, absolutely, loves his job. As soon as you walk in, he’s standing behind the counter, right by his big chocolate wheel, ready to make you whatever chocolaty drink you choose. Since we were here on our Instagram date, Rene made us up a bunch of their different concoctions.