Philadelphia, PA - Built on top of a hilltop in Philadelphia's "Main Line," sits Savona. Established in 1765, Savona had been headquarters for the Revolutionary War figure, Aaron Burr. The dining establishment is nowadays a Northeastern Corridor desired destination for fine dining in addition to casual elegance. Solid, inspiring, high-quality cuisine & flawlessly service has become the Savona's hallmark for the last 20 years. Executive Chef, Andrew Masciangelo's cuisine is backed up with the most extensive wine cellar in the Keystone State offering up over 1,200 options.
Savona on the Main Line
Truth be told, at Savona Restaurant (100 Old Gulph Road; 610-520-1200) there is a lot of new things taking place at the Main Line mainstay. Savona’s executive chef together with a partner, Andrew Masciangelo are excited to welcome a brand new management crew along with the general manager, Yohann Zinier at the forefront. Brand new beverage manager as well as a master mixologist, Papi Hurtado coming back behind the bar making stunning cocktails; plus new pastry chef Angela Goods, previously of Osteria and Parc, is going to manage all of Savona’s in-house baking needs.
Savona’s new product lines feature modern cooking and cocktail courses on Saturdays; New Sunday brunch and dinner selections; New cocktail menu; regular wine tastings on Fridays; A chefs tasting menu on Fridays and Saturdays; as well as wine events! See information below. For more information and reservations call 610-520-1200.
Savona on the Main Line Events and Tastings
- Savona's Cooking Classes - Chef Andrew Masciangelo’s cooking sessions are opening up again this month on Saturdays at 10am. Every class consists of the preparation of three courses matched along with two glasses of wine. The price is $75 per person, plus tax and tip.
- Chef’s Tasting Menu - Chef Andrew Masciangelo provides his Chef’s Tasting Menu on Fridays and Saturdays. The tasting menu highlights five courses for $99, plus tax and tip.
- Cocktail classes, alongside master mixologist, Papi Hurtado will showcase his techniques for creating delicious cocktails on Saturday afternoons at 2pm. Savona’s in-season cocktails are crafted with freshly squeezed juices, house-made nectars and a variety of bitters. The class includes four cocktails and light appetizers. The cost is $39.95, plus tax and gratuity.
- Wine Tasting - Sommelier Michele Konopi brings an in-depth wine tasting in Savona’s wine cellar every Friday from 5:30 - 7pm. The sampling consists of six wines along with hors-d'oeuvres and delves deep into the various wine regions and ideal food pairings of every wine. The price is $45 a person, plus tax (excludes October 12th).
- Wine Events - Champagne Dinner Friday, October 5th. Sommelier Michele Konopi is going to be pouring Veuve Clicquot adjacent to La Grand Dame; Ruinart next to Dom Ruinart; and Dom Perignon next to P2. All premium champagnes, being poured next to their (even higher end, exclusive, highly allocated) selves. Dinner consists of four courses cooked by Chef Masciangelo. The cost is $200 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
- Bouchaine Vineyards Dinner Friday, October 26th. Bouchaine is a world-class wine from the Carneros region from Napa Valley. The dinner includes four courses paired with wine. The cost is $100 per guest, plus tax and gratuity.
- Chateau Musar Wine Dinner Tuesday, November 6th. Long regarded as the "first growth" of Lebanon, the winemaker will join Savona for a 4-course meal coupled with older vintages. The cost is $175 per person, plus tax and tip