Bluebird Distilling: Pumpkin Smash "The Pumpkin Smash is, quite simply, boozy pumpkin pie in a glass. The sweet and nutty nature of the White Rye Whiskey makes it a natural combination for more earthy cocktail elements, like pumpkin. The egg white binds the elements together, and brings that creamy texture and mouth-feel of a real piece of homemade pumpkin pie. Top it off with some fresh-grated cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice if you prefer.” - Matt Giarratano, Bluebird Distilling Bar Manager - Bluebird Distilling Announces Limited Wheat Whiskey
- 1 oz. Vanilla-Infused White Rye Whiskey
- .5 oz. Allspice-Infused White Rye Whiskey
- .75 oz. Demerara Syrup
- .25 oz. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Libby's Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 1 Egg White
Instructions for Whiskey Infusion:
Vanilla White Rye Infusion: Insert 1/3 of a fresh vanilla bean into 750 mL of White Rye and let sit overnight. The White Rye will take on some color, as well as the taste and aroma of the vanilla. Bean can be left to sit in the bottle indefinitely, without consequence.
Allspice White Rye Infusion: Insert 1 tbsp. of Allspice berries into 750 mL of White Rye, and let sit. After 24 hours, remove the berries from the whiskey, to prevent over-infusion and bittering of the spirit.
- South Philly - Food & Drinks Guide
- Easy Tips for Making Iced Coffee Drinks
- Cocktails 101: The Perfect Chocolate Martini
- Philly's Exotic Cocoas, Creative Cocktails & Sweet Sips
- Philly's Hot Cocktails & Libations City Guild